Monday, April 13, 2009

Movie Monday: Twilight: The Movie.


Twilight. The Most anticipated movie by Twilighters all across the globe hit theatres November 21, 2008. Twi-hards lined up to see early showings, bought tickets weeks before the release date, and I’m sure many teens skipped school to go see the movie as early as possible. I myself, watched trailers on youtube, clips from the movie that had been released, for months before the movie came out. We all couldn’t wait to see our favourite fantasy characters come to life.

After we all saw the movie, we were awestruck. We were eager for more and many of us Twilight fans went to see it again and again. But now, after we’ve seen it millions of times and own it on DVD. Was it really as good as we first thought it was? Of course we’ll always love it, but how good was it really? The special effects were not good, I have to say. It was easy to tell that Edward Cullen was running and climbing on a wire, and the “sparkle effect” only was definitely not as good as I imagined it in my head. (It did look way better on the DVD though) So what I’m trying to say is, if we weren’t a bunch of crazed Twilight fans, would we have thought the movie was corny and lame? Did we only love the movie because it was the movie based on the most amazing book in the universe?

After we’ve seen Twilight, what are our expectations for New Moon? I definitely have set the bar pretty high for Chris Weitz because of his other work with CGI and special effects, like the movie The Golden Compass, and what I have heard and seen so far. Will New Moon be the same as Twilight, no matter what, even if it has just as bad special effects as Twilight, we will still love it?
So that was the first Movie Monday. What do you think?

0 comments:

Want to write for Bitten By Twilight?

Have you been bitten by Twilight? Do you like writing about news or articles related to the Twilight Saga? Then apply to write an article for Bitten by Twilight! Send me an email at bitten.bytwilight@yahoo.ca and tell me if you would like to write news articles, a special column and what days you would like to write on!

Disclaimer

I am no way affiliated with Stephenie Meyer, Summit Entertainment, Chris Weitz or any part in the making of the movies. I am just a girl who LOVES the amazing books.