Sunday, May 24, 2009

A few changes made to New Moon poster by fan.

Twilighters Anonymous has a wonderful article about Twilighter named Cindy who made a few changes to the New Moon one sheet.

Here are my thoughts:
I really like the one that Cindy did. I think that Bella and Edward should look more pained like this one than in the official one because this book is all about how Bella grieves for Edward and Edward grieves for her. And I agree that Bella not clinging to Jacob's arm fits the book better, it makes it seem like he's protecting her instead of her clinging to him because she wants to stay with Jacob, because we all know she's rather be in Edwards arms.

One thing I don't like about either of them is Edward in the front of the poster. This book is so much more about Jacob and Bella than Edward. He is a figment of her imagination for most of the book and Jacob is so real and such an important part in helping Bella be happy.

I am torn between the 2 colors, I like the color of Cindy's because it fits better with Twilight, but I like the rusty brown color because New Moon is more about the wolves and that color is like the color of Jacob's fur and it all ties in with nature and the earth so yeah.
All in all I think the official poster could've been better, Summit should've gotten a bunch of Twilighters to design it, looking at all the fanmade ones that are AMAZING :)

0 comments:

Want to write for Bitten By Twilight?

Have you been bitten by Twilight? Do you like writing about news or articles related to the Twilight Saga? Then apply to write an article for Bitten by Twilight! Send me an email at bitten.bytwilight@yahoo.ca and tell me if you would like to write news articles, a special column and what days you would like to write on!

Disclaimer

I am no way affiliated with Stephenie Meyer, Summit Entertainment, Chris Weitz or any part in the making of the movies. I am just a girl who LOVES the amazing books.